Atech Warehousing & Distribution is a premier transportation company. Our corporate office in Santa Rosa, CA is offering a great opportunity for a qualified Payroll & HR Specialist to join our awesome team! This position will be responsible for administering and processing bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for 200+ employees, as well as assisting with benefit program administration and providing ongoing support to the Human Resources Manager on a variety of department-related tasks.
• Oversees all payroll-related functions to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Maintains current knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws as they pertain to payroll and the trucking industry.
• Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
• Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with People Operations.
• Manages and updates employee benefit elections on an ongoing basis; ensures that employees have been enrolled accurately and works with insurance carriers to correct any errors; reconciles monthly insurance bills.
• Assists the Human Resources Manager with various aspects of the HR department including, but not limited to recruiting, onboading and offboarding, compliance, employee relations, etc.
• Degree or certificate in human resources or related field with appropriate coursework, OR equivalent education and experience that would prepare one for the responsibilities of the job.
• Experience working in human resources and federal and state compliance.
• Experience processing payroll.
• Knowledge of multi-state wage and hour laws.
• Must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, and acute attention to detail.
• Related transportation and logistics experience preferred, but not required.
• Proficient with the use of computers including Human Resource management software, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and payroll software.
• Experience with Ultipro/Ultimate Software applications a huge plus!
We offer a great benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, and company-paid Life Insurance!
If you are experienced in payroll and HR, have a great attitude and acute attention to detail, and want to be part of a winning team at an amazing company, please submit your resume and cover letter (including your salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.