Atech Warehousing & Distribution is a premier transportation company. Our corporate office in Santa Rosa, CA is offering a great opportunity for a qualified Payroll Specialist to join our awesome team! This position will be responsible for administering and processing bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for 200+ employees, as well as providing ongoing support to the Human Resources Manager on a variety of department-related tasks.
We are looking for someone who is an EXPERT in all things payroll! Our ideal candidate MUST have extensive previous experience processing payroll. Experience processing multi-state payroll is highly preferred. Knowledge of wage and hour laws is essential. Successful candidates must be extremely detail-oriented and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. Experience in the transportation industry is a huge plus, but not required.
If this describes you, please APPLY TODAY! Email your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
• Oversees all payroll-related functions to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Maintains current knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws as they pertain to payroll and the trucking industry.
• Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
• Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with Human Resources.
• Assists the Human Resources Manager with various aspects of the HR department including, but not limited to recruiting, onboading and offboarding, compliance, employee relations, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Previous experience processing payroll REQUIRED.
• Knowledge of multi-state wage and hour laws REQUIRED.
• Experience working in human resources and federal and state compliance highly preferred.
• Must exhibit strong verbal/written communication skills and acute attention to detail.
• Related transportation and logistics experience preferred, but not required.
• Must be proficient with the use of computers including Human Resource management software, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and payroll software.
• Experience with Ultipro/Ultimate Software applications a huge plus!
• Degree or certificate in human resources or related field with appropriate coursework, OR equivalent education and experience that would prepare one for the responsibilities of the job.
We offer an awesome work environment and great benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, and company-paid Life Insurance!